What is SaaS?
Software as a service or SaaS is a method of providing services over the Internet. Usually, we have to download and install applications in order to use it for purposes. But, with the help of SaaS, one can simply access the applications through Internet thereby reducing the complex procedures of software and hardware management. It is also known as Web-based software, host software or on-demand software. The services are provided by a SaaS provider’s server. And, this provider is responsible for the application’s security, performance and availability.
SaaS allows people to connect over the Internet and provide them access to cloud-based applications via Internet. The service provider will charge a certain amount of money for each service they provide; which will vary according to the needs and demands of the customers. Once you buy a service for your organisation, the people can use it over the Internet with the help of applications like web browser. The specialist organization deals with the equipment and programming and with the appropriate service agreement, will guarantee the accessibility and the security of the application and your information also. SaaS permits your association to get rapidly operational with an application at negligible forthright expense.
There are so many advantages of using SaaS. Some of them include:
- Some applications are comparatively sophisticated to download and install. SaaS helps the users to buy, deploy and manage such sophisticated enterprise applications easily available to the users and make them useful for their enterprises.
- You can save a lot of money by using SaaS since they only charge you according to the usage level; that is, there is no fixed rate for a service.
- Users don’t have to purchase and install software that is needed for their enterprises. They can use it with the help of web browsers through Internet. Some applications may just need plug-ins.
- SaaS makes it simple to assemble your workforce since clients can get to SaaS applications and information from any Internet-associated PC or cell phone. You don’t have to stress over creating applications to run on various sorts of PCs and gadgets in light of the fact that the specialist organization has just done as such. Also, you don’t have to bring extraordinary ability installed to deal with the security issues innate in versatile registering. A painstakingly picked specialist co-op will guarantee the security of your information, paying little mind to the sort of gadget devouring it.
- Since the data is stored in a cloud, users can easily access it from anywhere and the chances of losing the data due to any malfunctioning of computers etc. are less.